I hope you are all excited about starting your first session with us on Monday 6th January doing the beginners camp. This is a beginner’s camp so there will be plenty of other people in the same boat as yourself looking to learn new skills whilst getting into amazing shape.
You are booked on a four-week training course that runs twice weekly Monday & Wednesday 7.00pm – 8.00pm with NO additional fees to be paid.
You do not require any special equipment as it is strictly non-contact for the duration of the camp. The camp has a structured schedule, so each session is built upon the previous one. All though attending every session is not mandatory your ability and fitness will reflect the time and effort you are able to put in.
For those of you wishing to eventually take part in contact work there is the option, later on, to move into the Warrior Group once you have reached a reasonable level of fitness and ability mentally and physically. This will be explained to everyone in a future message and later on in the training.
Not everyone manages to complete the camp or progresses into the main group, for this reason focusing on following instruction from your COACH and completing the camp should always be at the forefront of your mind.
A few important points i must mention.
- Please be aware there are two Gordon streets and if your using a satnav to find us there is a good chance it will send you to the other one. If this happens don't panic as you are not far away. Please type into google on any phone Warrior Gym and it is listed on google maps which will direct you to us perfectly.
- Parking if you are driving you are able to park anywhere on Gordon street in the evening plus the little carpark at the top of the road.
- Be punctual and arrive approx 10 - 15 min early for your session. Please be aware we close the doors 5 min before the start of the class so be punctual or attend the next session instead of no exceptions. No outdoor footwear is allowed on the mats only Boxing boots (not worn outdoors) socks or bare feet, please.
- Gloves are loaned to anyone that does not have their own.
- Treat the other participants will respect and refrain from spitting, religious, inappropriate comments etc
- Make us aware of any medical conditions that may be affected by training by filling in the forms as honestly as possible. All information is treated in the strictest confidence.
- Your fitness level at the start will improve rapidly by the midway point of the camp
- Have fun
Regards Shaun Noteman